The Benefits of Hardieplank™ Home Siding from Alamo Exteriors
James Hardieplank™ Siding from Alamo Exteriors – is the most maintenance free siding product on the market today. Alamo Exteriors backs its worth with the strongest and most comprehensive warranty in the home siding industry.
Why has Alamo Exteriors chosen James Hardiplank™ Siding as our siding of choice? The reasons are within its benefits.
James Hardieplank™ Home Siding is:
- Virtually maintenance-free, and comes with a 50-year limited warranty that is transferable from home owner to home owner.
- Cost effective and competitive with other premium vinyl siding options.
- Non-combustible and remains undamaged even in high heat weather conditions.
- Resistant to mold.
- Remains undamaged in severe weather conditions such as, snow; high humidity, ice, and hail.
- Unlike wood, Hardieplank™ Home Siding won’t rot, crack, or delaminate.
- Resistant to structure damaging insects and rodents such as termites, carpenter bees, woodpeckers and squirrels.
- Maintains the characteristics of brick & masonry (it is 95% Portland Cement).
- Impact resistant – flying debris will not puncture it.
- The look, charm and warmth of natural wood.
- Lifetime finish system that allows you to paint it when a color change is desired.
- Available in many styles, colors & natural stains, i.e., Hardieplank™ (lap-board), Hardishingle®, & Hardipanel® (for stucco & tudor home designs).
With so much benefit gained by one of the many options available when you choose Hardieplank™ Home Siding, there is no reason to choose anything else. For your free consultation and to see samples to match to your taste, call Alamo Exteriors today, 210-342-9495.
Mark and his team at Alamo Exteriors did an excellent job of replacing the siding on our home. Our house looks brand new and we could not be happier with the process and the results. Mark was very professional and stayed in contact with us during the entire process. We would definitely use Mark and Alamo Exteriors again.
See Angies List
When considering the best choice in replacement windows San Antonio residents often consider the hot and humid South Texas climate. Homeowners have many choices when it comes to what material is used, and it is a benefit to know the benefits and disadvantage of each different type. Most manufactures are going to use essentially the same high performance double pane low e glass with argon gas filled. When looking at performance levels for a replacement window or replacement window frame, double pane glass options for most new retrofit units meet or exceed current energy star ratings. So the choice that is left is what material is best for frame construction. To help you better understand the choices available for your replacement window frames, we have gathered information regarding each different material available.
Replacement Composite Window Frames
Composite frames are manufactured with wood material and resin. This bonding process allows for a very strong window frame and yet non conductive. Advantages are a real wood veneer interior and a vinyl clad exterior. Composite frames is one of the most expensive processes in manufacturing and will be reflected in price. If cost isn’t an issue this might be the way to go when replacing windows, and the window frame.
Replacement Fiberglass Window Frames
Fiberglass window frames account for a small portion in the retrofit market. Although the concept is sound since the two most important factors are strength and non conductivity. Fiberglass frames tend to be on the high end scale as far as costs go. Some manufactures have recently started to promote this as an option primarily to compete with the composite market.
Aluminum Window Frame
Most homes come with standard issue contractor grade aluminum windows. The upside to metal is its strength. The downside is it is a good conductor of heat and cold. Replacement grade aluminum window now come with a thermo-break. This helps reduce frame conductivity while providing a very durable long lasting frame material with a low expansion- contraction ratio. You get all the benefits of metal without the conductivity. Also when looking at air infiltration ratios, a good thermally broken replacement window will also be the most air tight. This product offers a good benefit – cost ratio.
Vinyl Window Frames
Most replacement window manufactures offer vinyl windows. Production costs is why this product is so popular. The truth is that profit margins drive most renovation company’s to promote this option. Although there are some very good replacement grade vinyl windows on the market keep in mind the downside. Limited color selection, wide frame exposure, strength, high expansion- contraction ratio.
When considering new replacement windows for your home make sure you consider all your options. Cost, durability, and aesthetics should all factor into your decision. Call Alamo Exteriors at 210-372-9495 for a free no hassle educational consultation, we have been a trusted contractor for replacement windows San Antonio resident can count on. Call Today!
How do replacement home siding Companies determine what they are quoting me?
When considering a renovation project that include replacing the siding on your home, the process can be stressful. You’ve probably done some initial research and may already have received some quotes from various company’s. Here is some additional information that will benefit you to consider when considering a replacement siding contractor: who to hire when looking into replacement siding?
Lets assume that your list of possible replacement siding contractors includes companies that have been verified through the BBB, Angie’s List, and have been established in your area for at least 5 years. You’ve received bids and the price has varied from low to high and you’re wondering what accounts for the difference?
- Materials used, workmanship, labor costs, and overhead factor in to the bottom line costs of replacing your home siding. The best bet is to stay with someone who specializes in your own particular project, rather than a general contractor that lists that they can build you a home and perform maintenance on it. Those who claim that they can do it all probably can not do it all as well as you would like.
- You should be able to narrow your list of options by choosing to consider only those who specialize in replacement siding services. It is best to stay away from “Off Brand Products”. If you have never heard of a siding or window product being offered before by anyone, you do not want your house to be the test run.
- Some companies will keep their bottom line price by using inexperienced, unqualified workers on your home improvement project who could care less about what it looks like when the job is complete. The truth is that great installers get paid well, and they care about the finished look and appeal of the product that is installed. Low bid contractors will usually cut dollars by cutting out the qualified.
Compare equivalent services when receiving replacement siding quotes
Make sure your comparing apples to apples.
Your contractor should be able to go into great detail regarding what products are used, manufacture warrantees and what they entail, and provide you with a thorough understanding of how the project will unfold. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. If it sounds like they’re making it up as they go, they probably are.
On the other side of the price spectrum you may have those who spend a lot of time (and your money) claiming to be the best. Do you really want to spend your money financing their next marketing campaign? Stay clear of companies that claim they are offering “exclusive products”, as this gives the replacement siding contractor the ability to charge what they want, which is not necessarily what the product is truly worth. You should be presented with multiple options including an explanation of the benefits and risks of each product offered.
What a homeowner needs to make sure of is that they are getting the most value for their investment. Consider all factors before making the big decision to replace home siding on your home. Call Alamo Exteriors at 210-372-9495 for a free no hassle educational consultation.